It is the perfect combination of ballet, strength, and flexibility, combined into a cardio format without jumping or impact on the joints. Certified in Pilates and BootyBarre®, the teachers use Pilates alignment principles to ensure you get a safe and challenging workout. BootyBarre® has its roots in Pilates, and combines the active flexibility of yoga and the dynamic conditioning of dance. You move to the beat of the music, with a flow that’s addictive because it makes you sweat.
Light weights (with high reps) or resistance bands are used to sculpt the arms and upper body; ballet barres are used to sculpt the legs and glutes and to execute cardio intervals; and mat Pilates work is used to strengthen the abdominals. The barre work is done in a neutral spine, not a tucked position (which is not in the BootyBarre® vocabulary) to avoid compressing the lumbar spine or overworking the hip flexors and quads.
Bootybarre® works the body as a whole which elevates the heart rate to burn calories and build endurance.
Your booty will remember this class for days, months, or forever! Get ready to move, sweat, burn and have fun!
Ballet or Pilates training is not a prerequisite for this class, although you will learn some basic ballet and Pilates! It is suggested to bring a small towel and water.
Benefits of a BootyBarre® workout
- Abdominal work that translates into functional strength as you are standing at the barre
- Flexibility from controlled movements that promote your body to move to the beat of the music
- Lower body strength to help with the appearance of cellulite and promote sculpted, well-balanced muscles in the upper and lower legs
- Awareness of how your body moves in space
- Increased coordination and musicality